Thursday, March 1, 2012

Advertising Illustration- Thor & Rise of the Planet of the Apes

One thing I love about being a freelance Illustrator is the variety of jobs that come in. I have been very fortunate to work on countless amazing projects and it is always great to be able to look back on some of them. Some of the most fun I've had working as an illustrator has been on various advertising jobs such as these two. A few years back, I got the chance to work on some advertising work for Marvel's Thor movie before the film was released, thanks to my friend Brian Haberlin. I am not exactly sure if these were used, but it was an exciting opportunity turning the Volstaag and Hogun characters into paintings.




Last year, I worked with Cheryl Savala at Menagerie Creative on some BlueRay packaging for the release of 20th Century Fox's Rise of the Planet of the Apes. These were both exciting and challenging to develop because there were so many great memorable moments in the film. These key art images were not used for the final packaging, but like so many great ideas in advertising they do make wonderful portfolio pieces!


No comments: